Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?

Probably about a 9 or so. BUT. In the mornings, I just don't do so well at all. Not intentionally rude ~ I just can't form a coherant thought before 10 a.m. I literally may not hear you if you say "Good Morning" and aren't directly in front of me, waving frantically and/or holding a neon sign... not on purpose, my brain just doesn't work and I'm in my own universe in the mornings, haha! (sorry in advance, haha)

Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?

THIS POST by Ambulance Driver. Which turned out to be very bad luck, because later that same day, THIS happened to me. *sigh*

Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character?

Garfield. Like him, I hate spiders, Mondays and mornings in general (see #1, above). Also like him, I love lasagne and sleep. :-) But unlike Garfield, I don't have a teddy bear named Pookie, and I don't kick my dog.

Main Course
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.

*invokes morning brain-deadness to say I can't remember offhand* I've had teachers that were funny and enjoyable, but no one particular teacher stands out as being extra hilarious. It's still too early for me to be thinking this hard, haha. (Is it me, or is there a theme running through this post? ha!)


Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that ______________________.

I strongly believe that we need to do everything we can to support and encourage our deployed troops and our veterans here at home. To heck with politics - they need to know we (the "general public") really care about them. It's one thing to say you "support the troops" -- it's quite another thing to actually do something about it. Put words to action and check out these sites:

Soldiers Angels
Adoptaplatoon
Web of Support
Operation Quiet Comfort
Patriot Guard Riders.

-and-

I also strongly belive that THIS is absolutely true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your dessert--my husband is a soldier. The guys over there need to know they have our TOTAL support. Great Feast.

Anonymous said...

Amen on that dessert! My brother was over there for a year and probably will be going back. We have a friend heading over in little over a month for his second tour.


Great Feast!

Come on by, my feast is sitting on the table waiting for guests to arrive.

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/08/friday-feast-154.html

Allie Boniface said...

It's hard to remember a funny teacher for some reason, isn't it? All I could come up with were favorites. Great feast!

Kim said...

Love your dessert. In fact you just reminded me that I need to get another soldier from Adoptaplatoon.

Great feast!

Mine is up...come on over.

Georgia Blogger