Friday, January 04, 2008

FRIDAY'S FEAST

Appetizer
When was the last time you received a surprise in the mail, and what was it?

Good question... I'd have to say the nicest surprise that I remember getting was a care package from a soldier's family...we'd adopted their son (and subsequently, the whole family, haha) and when their soldier got home, they all chipped in to put together a care package for me, for mother's day (since I'm officially The Other Mom)...it contained 200 stamps, stationery, pens, envelopes, a t-shirt, etc. A couple years back, another soldier's sister made a beautiful doll for me and mailed it to me out of the blue. Those were definitely two of the best mail days I can remember!

Soup
If you could have a summer and/or winter home, where would you want it to be?

Definitely a home in the mountains, far, far from all civilization! :)


Salad
Pick one: pineapple, orange, banana, apple, cherry.

Cherry... so I can make cherry pies! Apples will do, too... apple pies! Though my family never eats the pies I make, so I guess it would be a waste of time, haha!

Main Course
Describe the nicest piece of clothing that you own.

All the "skinny" clothes that no longer fit me. *sigh*

Dessert
If you could forget one whole day from your life, which day would you choose to wipe from your memory?

That's a tough one to answer... there are so many. I just don't know.

4 comments:

Izzybella said...

Wow, came to read your Friday Feast and stayed for a little while. Nice blog. I'm suddenly embarrassed at shallow me. Good to know there are people like you out there.

Becky said...

I would sooo eat your pies..I'll eat anything someone cooks for me.

Happy Feasting.

**and from a troop's wife -- thanks for your valentine's effort.

Natalie said...

I have a lot of those skinny clothes that no longer fit too. LOL!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I real enjoy your Appetizer. What very thoughtful thing to do.
My ff is up also

Georgia Blogger