Friday, June 29, 2007

FRIDAY'S FEAST

Appetizer
How many pieces of jewelry do you wear most days?


OK, this is easy: Wedding ring, engagement ring on one hand, then two other rings on the other hand. On my left wrist I have a POW/MIA memorial bracelet for Captain Herbert C. Crosby, who was recently found & buried at Arlington National Cemetery after having been missing for some 37 long years. The Georgia State Captain of the Patriot Guard Riders had these bracelets made up to specially commemorate our trip up there to honor Capt. Crosby. On the other wrist, I have a POW/MIA bracelet for SSG Keith “Matt” Maupin, who has been missing since 09 April 2004. I wear these bracelets 24/7, and never take them off. Pray for our POW/MIA heroes… they are out there, somewhere… don’t forget about them.

I also have a few memorial dogtags I wear on weekends or special events – One for SPC Justin Johnson from Rome, GA; one for Sgt. Michael Stokely from Loganville, GA, and also a Patriot Guard Rider dogtag.


Soup
What is your favorite instrumental song?


Good question... I like so-called "new age" instrumental music - very relaxing! Mostly I prefer to listen to nature sounds CDs, mostly my "thunderstorm" cd. Makes me sleep at night! Classical piano is good, too.

Salad
Who has a last name that you like?


Ummm.... never really thought about it!

Main Course
Name a popular movie you’ve never seen.


Most of them! I dont' get to watch movies much... just don't have time!

Dessert
Fill in the blank: Nothing makes me ___________ like ____________.


Nothing makes me SLEEP like a good THUNDERSTORM! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dislike thunderstorms but like the sound of them. Great feast answers! have a wonderful Friday.

Lady Jane said...

I admire your devotion to our military! Our POW/MIA heroes are always in my prayers, as is the rest of the military and their families! Keep up the great work!

Georgia Blogger