Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday's Feast!

Appetizer
Tell about a time when you had to be brave.

Courage is not the *absence* of fear; rather, it is pressing on *in spite of* fear! I guess the only example that really comes to mind is when I had to leave my physically abusive ex, having a small toddler and an infant, no car, no family, no education except a GED, no anything, except God. and God took care of us and we made it through! :)

Soup
Which upcoming movie are you excited about seeing?

Delta Farce (I think it's out now?)

Also am just dying to see Wild Hogs - though that's been out a while. *taps foot impatiently, waiting for the DVD!*

Salad
Name an item you try to always have on hand.

I carry stamps, envelopes, stationery, address labels and pens with me in my purse everywhere I go, so I can write to my adopted Soldiers & Veterans whenever I get a minute. :)

Main Course
Imagine the most relaxing room you can think of. Now describe it!

It's quiet, with perhaps a nature CD playing in the background (preferably thunderstorms, or maybe ocean waves). It is done in "warm" colors, there's a fire in the fireplace, and everything is very soft & cozy. I'm curled up in my chair reading a nice fat book.....

Dessert
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest), how spiritual or religious are you?

I'd say a 10 - my relationship with God is very important to me, and is ultimately the driving force behind everything I do. I am by no means perfect, or anywhere even remotely close to it, however. And that's ok - because God accepts us 100% unconditionally, "as-is" when we come to him. :)

2 comments:

jenny said...

I enjoyed your post today! You're very brave---and I was thinking of that same definition when I wrote mine today.

I am inspired to send you a 4th of July card---I think I have a GREAT one in my box!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful answers! That is also great that you have adopted our soldiers :) We are an ARMY family :)

Georgia Blogger