Thursday, January 11, 2007

LOCAL WOMAN WINS NATIONAL AWARD!

Um, er... well... it's NOT a good one. A Loganville, Georgia, woman wins the dubious distinction of being named "IDIOT OF THE YEAR" by the Washington Post!

I kid you not...

Oh, the shame, the shame...... Think I'm kiddin'? I'm not! Check it out!

2006 Idiot of the Year: Laura Mallory, of Loganville, Georgia. This vigilant mother of four has demanded local schools remove Harry Potter from their libraries because.... READ THE REST HERE!

Well, as someone else who also lives in Loganville, Georgia, lemme tell ya... I LOVE Harry Potter books! And I'm a full-fledged, honest-to-God for-real born-again CHRISTIAN, too! *gasp*

So there.

Maybe I can help balance out the ridiculousness factor around here....

7 comments:

Maeve said...

*rolling my eyes*
I see another narrow minded misinformed person is trying to shove their warped beliefs on others.
She gives Christans a bad name.

Kat said...

Worldwide?! Oh good grief.... *rolls eyes again*

Maeve... yeah... i agree.

*sigh*

Soldiers Angels said...

KAT I REALLY LOVE THE NEW LOOK,
I ALWAYS LOVED yor blog but I really love this,
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK,
LOVE
PATTI

DNR said...

I didn’t sign up for anything. I just stumbled upon it and decided to do it.

Kat said...

DNR: LOL - Oh, OK... See, there IS thing on the "Friday Feast" blog that you can sign up for email reminders about it.. which I did, but never got an email, LOL... which is why I totally forgot about it, ROFLOL! Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and actually REMEMBER each week, LOL! (which means, if I ever DO get around to posting the "Friday Feast" questions,, LOL, I'll probably forget before too terribly long, scatter-brained dingbat that I can be, lol!)

thanks! Hope you are doing well in your corner of the world. :)

Biker Betty said...

I'm very much an active Christian and I also LOVE the Harry Potter series. They are fun to read and a great imagination was used in writing the book. They are a wonderful example for future writers. I think people take things too literally when they object to things like this. If they don't like it, just don't read it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like she might win back-to-back IDIOT OF THE YEAR AWARDS Harry Potter Vs. Laura Mallory Part 2

Georgia Blogger