Wednesday, October 04, 2006

FUNERAL FOR PFC KENNETH "AARON" KINKAID, IV TOMORROW

This will be right down the road in Lawrenceville. Found this obituary in the Gwinnett Daily Post. Drat - I have to work tomorrow. ARGH! I wish I could go to this!!! More than anything!!! I hate that I have to miss it!
UPDATE: I called the funeral home - they said it was alright for me to go & give my respects to the family tonight at the funeral home, even though I don't personally know them. I kept asking, "You're SURE that's alright?" and they kept telling me it was fine, so... I'm definitely going. I also went to my HR Manager's office and BEGGED for tomorrow off. I've always regretting missing Mike Stokely's funeral - I don't want to miss Aaron's, too. She is going to see if another floater can cover the desk I am supposed to cover tomorrow.... please, please pray in a big way. I don't want to miss this.

Kincaid, Aaron
Aaron Kincaid 1981 - 2006
His legacy is one of Faith, Love for all, Patriotism for the country he served and Honor in Duty. YOU ARE MY SUNSET Forever Our Son NO FEAR, Aaron, NO FEAR PFC Kenneth E. “Aaron” Kincaid, IV 1 April 1981 - 23 September 2006 Aaron was born in Wheeling, WV and raised in West Virginia, Ohio, Illinois and Georgia. Attending schools in all these states, he graduated from Faith Academy of Loganville, Georgia in 1999. As a child, his love of life and nature surfaced early - he was the first human I ever noticed a savvy barn cat actually “Hugging” - around his neck, claws retracted and purring! Full of energy, sometimes to his own dismay, he learned many things from facing frustration - he became the most persistent worker and yet patient Father I ever was blessed to know. Aaron loved motorcycles and had a dream of his own “Road King” upon completion of his Army mission. I know he is riding with our riders today, trying out the feel of any Road Kings first, but then eagerly every other bike equally. His passion for nature took him fishing so many times and so many places I often felt he was inventing these small lakes where he'd say he fished - until I saw fish! Fishing became the best hobby I ever saw him love - and he has passed that love to his darling girls, Keni & Abi who both have enjoyed wetting a line with their Daddio both in Georgia and Hawaii. Being a West Virginian, he also loved the mountains and visits to WV to see family and friends. He is also unique in that he had a love for a certain 4WD Chevy truck in Pickens, WV but then soon became an avid Ford truck owner. Aaron could do just that - try everything, and master anything he tried. He is survived by his Mother, Marcia, of Lilburn, GA; his Father, Kenneth (III), of Acworth, GA; his brother, Marc, of Miami, FL; and his wife, Rachel, and daughters, Kennedy Nicole (Keni) and Abigail McLain (Abi) who will relocate to Georgia. His extended family also includes many loving grandparents, uncles, an aunt and cousins who will miss him dearly. A funeral mass will be held Thursday, October 5, 2006 at 10 am, at St. Marguerite D'Youville Catholic Church, Lawrenceville, GA. Interment with Military Honors will follow at 3 pm at Georgia National Cemetery in Canton, GA. The family will receive friends Wednesday from 6-8 pm at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Pfc. Kenneth “Aaron” Kincaid Memorial Fund. Donations may be made at any SunTrust location or mailed to: Sabrina Russo, Branch Manager, SunTrust Banks, Inc., 827 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy., Cartersville, GA 30120, in memory of Pfc. Kenneth E. “Aaron” Kincaid, IV. Kenneth E. “Skip” Kincaid, III . . . Just a HERO's Dad here . . . In Loving Memory of PFC. Kenneth E. “Aaron” Kincaid, IV. Tom M. Wages Funeral Service, Inc., Snellville Chapel, 770-979-3200, www.wagesfuneralhome.com
Published in the Gwinnett Daily Post on 10/3/2006.

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger