Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yay! Happy News About Norris!

From Janis:

Tuesday September 5, 2006

I'm so happy I could sleep good tonight! Norris was dressed in shorts and T-shirt today and ready to get out of that bed....he wasn't in it all day. The docs noticed. He has oral anitbiotics and oral pain meds and I am going to dress the wounds twice a day and then he goes to see the surgeons again on Friday. They pulled the picc line and discharged him. He is so happy to see his bed, his TV and his Star Gate SG1...LOL! So much happened between now and my last post, but I have been at his bedside 24/7 since the surgery....except for one night Amy stayed with him. It paid off, too. Both our "next door neighbors" crashed...Soldier Eric is back in the SICU and the elderly gentleman who had no one with him is "in a better place". I did see Eric's sister in the elevator on the way up to our room (she is just down the hall!) and she said they were treating Eric exceptionally well and were very attentive...I hope so after I got through them....Anyway....we are going to bed. I am going to sleep now and will post all the inbetweens when I can see straight again. Keep praying hard....we have to beware of blood clots and pneumonia and infection. Janis

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger