Wednesday, September 27, 2006

AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! (and a Reminder!)

Dagnabit...MY HERO BRACLET DISAPPEARED!!! *POOF!* VANISHED!!! It was on my dresser when I left for work yesterday morning, in the lill silver dish thing I keep my "every-day" jewelry in... I woke up late yesterday & forgot to put it on... One of the little kids musta got it when they were in there for a nap or something! ACK ACK ACK ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M TRAUMATIZED! That's WORSE than when I lost my Soldiers' Angels pin (and boy oh boy was I ever totally traumatized then - thank God I ultimately found it again) -S.A. pins are are a dime a dozen (well, more like 11.95 for one), but that hero bracelet was PERSONALIZED with the name of a REAL SOLDIER on it - not a GENERIC "support our troops" thing - something that had (a) bunches of sentimental value, cuz it was for one of our family's adopted "babies" and (b) possible long-term HISTORICAL value, too (along with my scrapbook and other tidbits I've collected over the past several years of adopting soliders/marines/etc). OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS GONE!!!!! Pray hard I find it again - I'M SOOOOO UPSET! :( waaaaaaaaahhhh!

OK, now that that Kat Rant is out of the way, haha -- I'll take this opportunity to remind y'all of my Christmas card drive for troops deployed in Iraq & Afghanistan. :-) The information is below: Please do what you can to get involved! :)

OPERATION: LOVE FROM HOME

During this holiday season, let's show our troops we love and support them!!!! From September 30 to November 30, I will be collecting holiday cards for troops stationed in high-combat areas in Iraq and Afghanistan. Being away from home and living in harsh conditions during the holiday season is especially difficult ~ they need to know we have not forgotten them!!! Mail from home helps to keep our troops' morale strong, making a very real difference in their lives.
Send your signed, unsealed holiday cards to:

Mrs. Kathy Orr
OPERATION: LOVE FROM HOME
P.O. Box 1660
Loganville, Georgia, 30052

The cards can be handmade or store-bought... for that matter, they don't even have to be cards; a hand-written or typed letter is just as wonderful! This is a great opportunity to get your Scout troop, school, church and other civic organizations involved in doing something to show support for our troops.

If you wish to send an email greeting (which will be printed off and mailed along with the holiday cards), please send an email to: LoveFromHome@Gmail.com

**IMPORTANT GUIDELINES: This is not a "dating service" of any type. Please do not send suggestive or otherwise inappropriate cards or materials. Please also refrain from making political statements of any nature. I will be reading and screening every card received to ensure that the above guidelines are adhered to. Remember: This is strictly to let the troops know that we love them, we are proud of them and that we HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN them! If you have any questions, please contact me at LoveFromHome@Gmail.com

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger