Saturday, August 12, 2006

This one is for Christopher ^j^

I just posted over on SoldiersAngels - and as I did I heard on CBC radio about the burial today of a young Canadian hero who I have never met but who represents all that is good and honourable of the Canadian youth. Christopher Reid was buried in Truro, Nova Scotia and once again his mother was so amazingly dignified. Her sacrifice in this War on Terror makes my few hours of fasting seem miniscule, insignificant by comparison. Christopher's mother will probably never even know who I am, and that's perfectly fine, but in my small way I am joined together with her today, mother to mother, to honour her beloved son.

And I also read earlier today that Cindy you know who has been admitted to a hospital because of the effects of HER fast on her health. Another mother I will never meet. But another mother whose son gave his life in this battle for the 'hearts and minds' of people far, far away. I DO kinda giggle at Cindy though. She cannot possibly know that while she is hogging the headlines, THIS unknown brat has my own awesome team supporting the effort I and aussie chic are making. OUR team has our own medics. ( and yes, they, too are amazing every day - every minute that they put their lives on the line for their fellow man). To say I am humbled to know that our men and women do what THEY do so the Cindys of the world, the Hollywood people can garner headlines, would be to severely understate my pride in every single one of our men and women. I am off to get more coffee, more water but would leave you with the words that appeared on every single post that our Soldiers Angel medic always left every time he posted for US.

"Greater love has no man than he lay down his life for his friend". Dave you gotta know that you and mrs medic are ALWAYS always in my thoughts and prayers, with so much love and respect. I salute you, and Christopher Reid, and all the other - to us unknown - brave, heroic men and women. May our Angel wings carry you in your darkest hours, on wings of love. We got YOUR backs, until you ALL come home......

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger