Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Passing the Baton....

Well, at the time this is posted, it is midnight or shortly thereafter. My day of participation in the Rolling Victory Fast has come to a conclusion. I can't believe I actually did it -- made it the whole way through without food. That is SO "not me" by any stretch of the imagination, hahaha! I'm well-known for my love of food! I definitely had some "help" today from God and likely, a special "Guardian Angel," to whom this 24-hour fast was dedicated. Nope, it was NOT my own strength that accomplished this - that is for sure. Thank God for giving me His strength to get through the day!!!!!!! For without Him, I surely would have failed.

And so, now the time has come. I am symbolically, and with great respect handing the "fasting baton" off to Mr. Robert Stokely and the Tanker Brothers, et al., who will be fasting today, the 16th day of August, 2006, in memory of Sgt. Michael Stokely, and all who serve our country.

Our family, HUNDREDS of people all across the country and world, as well as Soldiers' Angels from absolutely everywhere, are standing "shoulder to shoulder, and wingtip to wingtip" with the Stokely Family and the Tanker Brothers, et al., as they go thru this amazing journey known as the Rolling Victory Fast.

Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of this awesome experience.

God bless our Troops.

God bless their Families.

God bless the U.S.A.!

HOOAH!

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger