Wednesday, August 16, 2006

CELEBRATING MIKE STOKELY!!!



Well, as you know, today marks the one-year anniversary of the transition of Sgt. Michael J. Stokely from "this" life, to the next life on into Eternity. Physically, his body is no longer alive, BUT Mike Stokely himself IS very much alive as he walks with the Angels in Heaven. Or plays practical jokes on the Angels in Heaven. Whichever - probably both! ;-) As you can tell, today my post about Mike is going to be lighthearted and celebratory -- because that is how he would have wanted it. As Robert said last night, we grieve for the loss - but the BEST tribute we can make to Mike is to honor his life by going on with our own, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST and enjoying every precious moment of it.

I'm going to share a couple links with you here -- these are links to pictures of Mike. The first link only has a few pictures that were uploaded to my online photo album, but they are some pretty good pictures. I don't know who it is, but someone in Mike's family, as well as his friends, is a GREAT photographer!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR FIRST SET OF PICTURES

This next set of pictures is more extensive. The next link consists of pictures of each page of the scrapbook I made for Robert & Retta in April. I'm not posting this so everyone can say,"Oh what a pretty scrapbook!" - so DON'T say that, OK??? I'm posting it because I want each of you who chooses to look at this album, to click on the "slideshow" option up near the top of the page. You will get a closeup view of each page - and therefore, a closeup of the *pictures* of Mike's life from infancy on till the end. If I had all 85 or so pictures loaded online, I'd just give you a link to that album... but I don't, so I'm going to have to settle for doing it this way.

CLICK HERE FOR SECOND SET OF PICTURES. Remember to tell it you want to view it in "Slideshow."

Now, take a moment to Thank God for Mike, for his family, for his life... and, as a quote I read once says, "Weep not that he is no more, but rather REJOICE that he was here!" (or something along those lines).

Also - it would be a wonderful thing if you would like to use the comments section to leave your thoughts & prayers for the Stokely family - I'll make sure they get them!!!!!! Let's flood them with support, OK???

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger