Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Just checkin' in..BakeFest 2008 Update...1:08 a.m.

OK, all the cookies (8-10 dozen or so) are finished, as are the apricot-stuffed coffee cake thingies, and of course the one loaf of banana bread (all of the above completely home-made from scratch). The cookies have all be decorated -- the "lemon star" cookies, of course, coated in yellow lemon icing (yes, made from scratch, of course) with white sugar sprinkle things on them; the sugar cookies have been decorated according to what they are - christmas trees (green icing with multi-colored sprinkles), candy canes (white & red icing), stockings (white & red icing) and small presents (they look more like plain ole squares, LOL - red icing with green sprinkles).

Now I'm roasting a variety of vegetables for "roasted vegetable salad" - garlic and veggies roasting in the oven smells REALLY good!

Once that's done - another hour or so - I'm going to get a shower and go to bed! Gotta get up early to cook the turkey, ham, and the other side dishes. Peeps are starting to show up here at 4-ish, dinner is supposed to be done at 5. Hopefully I don't oversleep and screw things up, lol. I also gotta do all my last-minute cleaning and table-setting... something i did the night before Thanksgiving (when I stayed up till 7:30 a.m.) but something I'm NOT staying up for all night tonight, lol! all the various kids are NOT AT HOME, WHOOOHOO! so I don't have to worry about them getting underfoot while I'm getting things finished in the morning. :)

C y'all later..... back to baking I go! :)

2 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Merry Christmas Miss Kat and thanks for what you do.

k said...

You're making me hungry again.

I would so love to eat at your place.

Georgia Blogger