Friday, July 04, 2008

Random Updates

OK, OK, I've been a bad, bad blogger lately... so much going on, and writer's block on top of it all... let's see...to catch you up on stuff:

1. Hubby's daughter graduated basic training at Ft. Jackson, SC, on June 13 - we took a trip up there for that, and it was awesome! You can see pics from our trip HERE.

1a. (edited to add): Oh yeah, also, on June 16, 2008, Operation Love From Home sent 5,916 "Thank You" cards to the Sandbox and other locations around the world in honor of the 4th of July! WTG y'all!

2. The following weekend, hubby and I took the Rider's Edge new rider's course... the idea being to get our motorcycle licenses. Hubby finished the course, but just barely did not pass the skills test. Me? Well...not so lucky. About 2/3 of the way thru the third day, I sorta kinda crashed. I discovered that concrete really is HARD, but also that I bounce! See pics HERE. I was extremely lucky in that the worst of my injuries was only a severely sprained knee and a few scrapes and bruises. I've been bedridden for most of the past two weeks, unable to put weight on my leg...but it's shown drastic improvement over the past few days, and my physical therapist says all will be well in another 3 weeks or so. :) So no worries!

3. The above is a good thing, because we are retaking the class in October.... Undeterred, we bought THIS so we can practice in an empty parking lot near us in the meantime. Once I heal. :) Isn't she purty!?! :)

And that's all I can think of. I just HAVE to tell you about our 4th of July, but it looks like it needs to be a separate post to do it justice.

1 comments:

k said...

OUCH!!!

My Lord, woman! I'm sorry you got so banged up, but I'm also way glad it wasn't worse. Holy Smokes!

Georgia Blogger