Saturday, February 02, 2008

White Wine & a Bubble Bath...

.... ahhhhh... MUCH better... all is right with the world now... Well, OK, not really, but I feel much more relaxed now.... I only got about 3.5 hours of sleep last night, so I'm wiped out and exhausted and (as you know!) have been mucho stressed lately. So... one glass of white wine & one bubble bath, coming right up! :)

Tomorrow is gonna be a rough day.... a Marine from Athens was KIA... his body is being flown into Athens tomorrow... PGR is going to be there... the Airport missions are by far the most difficult, because that's when the awful reality hits the family -- it's gutwrenching.... but because it's precisely one of the most difficult moments the family will go thru - that first sight of their loved one in a flag-draped casket - if they want PGR there, and it's on a day I can go, it becomes absolutley top priority that I be there if I can be, to join wiht the other PGRs in showing our love and support during this black, black day. I didn't think I could be there because we only have one working car and hubby has to serve communion at church tomorrow & can't switch with anyone, and thusly needs the van...... but THANK GOD there is a new-ish PGR member here in Loganville who is also going, and he graciously offered (OK, i confess, after much begging on my part after hubby told me to "find a ride from someone if I can!") to let me ride with him tomorrow. Whew!!!! So I will be able to make it after all.... as bad as it will hurt to be there - it would hurt a thousand times more NOT to be there....

Um... of course, it's gonna be 33 degrees in the morning.. warming up to low 60s in the afternoon, but around 8:30 when I leave, well... BRR!

Thank God for my heavy leather coat. :)

Keep this Hero's family in your prayers, tomorrow and in the coming days.....

g'night y'all... see ya on the flip side...

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger