Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh good grief...

So, the Mega Millions lottery was up to $270 MILLION last week. The drawing was this weekend sometime, and some guy and his wife from a small Georgia town won it. (Nope, wasn't us, drat!). Anyway, while flipping thru the radio channels on the way to work this a.m., I stumbled across an interview with the winner. I only heard a few sentences, and then turned the channel off, disgusted by his attitude. Went something like this:

DJ: Now you have, like, more money than GOD!

LOTTERY WINNER ("LW"): laughing You are right, I AM richer than God now!

[laughter all around]

LW: And you know what? Now I have 270 MILLION reasons why GOD considers ME a part of His Holy Trinity, that's how rich I am!

more laughter... I change station.

That is so wrong on so many levels, i don't even know where to begin. Instead of being humbled and greatful for his winnings, there was instead this ARROGANCE... that somehow money equates him with being God, or part of God, or maybe even better than God.

I have a feeling this will NOT end well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He'll be broke in a year.

Dustin said...

Was it on Moby in the Morning?

DNR said...

A fool and his money...
AND
The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

Kat said...

Dude - I agree

Dustin - I have no idea, I don't think so...I'm pretty sure Moby wouldn't have tolerated him saying such a thing.

DNR - Yep - you are exactly right!

lacochran said...

It sounds like a DJ's bit more than the quiet, circumspect couple I saw on TV. Don't believe everything you hear.

Georgia Blogger