Sunday, August 05, 2007

Loganville Loses Another Hero

On August 16, 2005, Loganville's own Sgt. Michael Stokely was killed in Iraq. It was a loss that shook our town and the surrounding area to the very core of our being....

And now, very nearly two years later, Loganville has lost yet another hero.

I am devestated and heartbroken, again. I did not know this hero, or his family...but it makes no matter whether I knew them or not. It still hits very close to home.

Quote:

The Department of Defense announced today the death of three Soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died Aug. 2 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle. They were assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Lewis, Wash.

Killed were:

Staff Sgt. Fernando Santos, 29, of San Antonio, Texas,

Spc. Cristian Rojas-Gallego, 24, of Loganville, Ga., and

Spc. Eric D. Salinas, 25, of Houston, Texas.
To all the families who have lost their loved ones, and espcially to the family of Spc. Rojas-Gallego, please know that you are very much in our prayers.... I am so sorry for your loss, and my heart cries with you. (((hugs)))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cristian Rojas was in The Marines first ,we where friends trough out our enlisment , this guy was helarious . i and all of 3rd platoon ( dirty third ) dearly misses him ... I never though it would happen to one of our guys.

Kat said...

(((hugs))) Josh... I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss... please know that each and every one of y'all is very much in our prayers. If there is ANYTHING we can do for you, please let me know, OK?

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dustin said...

I'm sorry! My prayers are with the family!

Georgia Blogger