Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Eight Random Things

I was tagged for this meme by The Bottom Of the Swamp. :-) Rules and my answers are below. :-)
============================

1. Post the rules for the meme at the beginning of your post.

2. This meme consists of the blogger listing eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged in this post are to write their own post listing their own eight random items and list the rules.

4. At the end of the post/meme, list the folks you are tagging and leave them notice of such in their comments.

1. I do not have a strong military history in my family. Everyone thinks that because I'm so involved in soldier support stuff, I must have lots of military in my family. Nope! My brother served in the Navy 4 years when I was a toddler (he's 14 years older than me) -- I barely remember any of this, except for the knowledge that it happened, and once he brought me back a horseshoe crab shell from Hawaii. I also learned, at my great-uncle's funeral (he was 98 when he died several years ago) that HIS (my great-uncle's) grandfather fought in the Civil War. (I'm assuming for the South, of course!) And that, to the best of my knowledge, is the extent of military folks in my family, that I know of.

2. I do not know anything about military ranks, the breakdown of battallion/unit/platoon/squad/whatever, weaponry, or much anything else. Folks tend to ask me a lot of military-related questions, assuming I know such things. Nope, nada! However, if you want to know how to adopt a soldier, what to say in a letter, what/how to put together and ship a care package... ask away! That, I'm almost an expert on, haha! But military "stuff" -- nope, haven't a clue, sorry!

3. I'm 34 and my hair is mostly gray.

4. Dying said mostly-gray hair is NOT on my list of top priorities... I get around to it when I get around to it. Usually every 2-3 months (usually it works out to once per college semester, roughly) but sometimes I get busy and just don't have time or inclination to be bothered. Deal with it. :-)

5. I'm very shy and quiet in "real life." Have been mistaken for being standoffish, which I'm really not... I'm just quiet and don't really have much to say a lot of times. :)

6. However... people who know me as being very shy and quiet... are often surprised at the fact that I can laugh hard and play hard, when I'm with folks I know well and am comfortale with. ;-)

7. I hate "chick flicks." I much prefer action/adventure movies - you know, car chases, things blowing up, vastly outnumbered good guy takes on super-evil bad guy(s), etc. :)

8. I am a major, major bookworm!

Now, as for tagging people, aw heck, I dunno... if ya wanna do this meme, go for it. :) Consider yourself tagged. :)

1 comments:

The Bottom Of The Swamp said...

Hey, thanks!

Georgia Blogger