Monday, June 04, 2007

Emergency Prayer Request!!--Updated

Kat says thanks everyone. She said his fever is down again, but he's in pain and they're doing more tests. They will be in the hospital for at least another day. Her company is giving her FMLA, so her job is safe, but it is unpaid leave. What a mess. I don't know if you are aware, but she is the sole provider for her family because her husband is a stay-at-home dad for the little ones. Keep good thoughts going.

Thanks.

-------------------------------

Thank you all. I just sent her a text telling her that you are all praying for her husband. I'm sure it will bring great comfort to the family. I'll update when I hear more. I spoke to her hubby briefly this afternoon when I tried to call Kat for an update and he sounded very sick so I didn't keep him on the phone for long.

Thanks again.

~LL

-------------------------------
UPDATE:

I got a text message from Kat early this morning. Please, please keep up on the prayers. This is what she had to say:

He has a fever again. He is all sick and hurting again--chills aches abdominal pain. :( Was doing good yesterday but today not so much. :( Kat.
-------------------------------

I got a call from Kat and her husband is in the hospital.

She was at a funeral a couple of hours away from home and her husband was working on one of the cars. He collapsed in the driveway with heat stroke. Kat's 13 year old called 911 and her hubby was rushed to the hospital. He spent the night in ICU with a 105 degree temperature. He was incoherent and dehydrated severely.

He is now back down to normal temperatures, but still hospitalized at least through today. Kat hasn't heard anything about tomorrow. When they examined her husband, they found the beginnings of pneumonia, which may have worsened her husband's susceptibility to the heat.

Please keep them all in your prayers for a quick recovery. If you have a blog, please put up a prayer request. Thanks.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you, Kat and Bear and family!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Prayer request is up. Thanks LL.

Dazd said...

Prayer request ongoing...

DNR said...

Prayers and (((hugs)))!!!

Take care my friend.

dcsporty said...

Our prayers, and best wishes for a speedy recovery from Indiana

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord, this is one of your angels. He needs your help now more than ever. May God shine his everlasting glory on you and your husband so that he may return to you healthy.

Amen

Nancy said...

My prayers are with you as well.

Cat is my co-pilot said...

Dear Kat,
My family is praying for your dear husband's speedy recovery and for Bear to be restored to excellent health as soon as is possible. You and your family are also in our prayers and thoughts.

Keep taking good care of yourselves! You and your entire family are precious to me and all of your friends, and we are sending ALL of our LOVE your way!

k said...

Oh, Kat, I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm sending everything I can your way - my thoughts are with him, and you and your family too. It's a good thing they got him in time, and that they found the pneumonia. It sounds like he's in good hands all around.

Anonymous said...

Kat,

You don't know me but I've been watching you and all the selfless, caring things you do for years. You amaze me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

came by way of Livey - Prayers are with you!

Christopher Lee said...

Kat, letting you know that the Blogroll is with you and your family.

DangerGirl said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you!

(((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Prayers going out for a quick recovery.

Gayle said...

I haven't been here before but am a member of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll. I will also send up prayers for your husband. I've suffered heat stroke and it's a terrible and dangerous thing. May God bless him and help him recover fully and soon!

Anonymous said...

Kat ~ You got it ~
Prayers and {{{{{HUGS}}}}

Pet and The Bengal Brats said...

OUr prayers have been added.. If we can help, please let us know!

MaryAnn said...

Prayers going up from Germany for you all. Loce & Hugs.

Malinda777 said...

I am also on the Wednesday Hero blogroll. I heard through Chris about your husband. My thoughts and prayers are also with your family.

God Bless, and God Speed for a full recovery. Hang in there...

From Malinda in Reno...

Anonymous said...

Kat, God Bless your husband and you along with your family during this time of needed comfort. You will be in my prayers.

II Samuel 22:33

God Bless From Minnesota,
Randy
Fellow Wednesday Hero's Blog Role Member

Unknown said...

My thoughts are with kat.

Elena said...

Our prayers are with you and your family Kat... I hope he gets better soon...

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers for Bear's recovery from NYC.

susan

Dustin said...

My prayers are with you Bear and Kat.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

prayers for all...

Lady Jane said...

You and your family are in my prayers! God bless you!

Skellig Michael said...

Thinking and praying for you.

~ Paul Chaplain

Anonymous said...

Yer in me prayers with yer family. Hope all turns out good. Came over via Pirate. Praying for ya.

Gary said...

Don't know the details, but I know my Lord. Prayers on your behalf beginning POST HASTE!

Semper Fi!

Anonymous said...

Kat, just got the word via the Wednesday's Hero list. I will surely pray for you and your husband.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you.

Best wishes fro a speedy recovery from the Great Pacific Northwest.

Anonymous said...

Kat, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Stacy said...

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Kat, You and your family are in my prayers. I pray the doctors will find answers and get your husband feeling better very soon.

Jeff said...

Kat and family,

May God bless you and keep you in the center of His love and care. Godspeed for a full recovery, and peace and comfort as only He can provide.

kosovodad (Mike) said...

Thoughts and prayers from over here in Korea!

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the decrease publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=apollo no1 video converter 4.1.42 ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

Georgia Blogger