Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
List 3 emotions you experienced this week.
Sorrow, anxiety, frustration

Soup
Name a car you’d love to have.
A big, black pickup truck!
Salad
Describe your typical morning routine.

Alarm goes off at 5:30. Snooze till 5:39. Snooze again two more times. Get up at 6:00. Out the door by 6:10. Arrive at bus stop at 6:40. Leave for work on 6:45 a.m. bus. Put on makeup while riding bus. Arrive to work at 7:45, get coffee!

Main Course
Have you ever emailed someone famous? If so, who, and what did you say to them? Did they reply?

Yep! I emailed Troy McClain, who was a contestant on the first episode of “The Apprentice” and apparently made it all the way up to the top two before Donald Trump fired him. (I've never watched the Apprentice!) I emailed Troy because our family got a new house (in Feb. 2007) from the show he now hosts, called HomeTeam. Click HERE to watch the entire episode online. :-)

My email to Troy:

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for the beautiful, gorgeous, WONDEFUL home!!!! I am still awestruck and humbled and amazed that so many people went to so much trouble for lill ole me!!!!! Truly its a miracle... absolutely NOBODY knew this, but for several months now, I'd been praying that God would somehowmake a way for us to own our own home and get us out of that awful trailer... I knew it would take a miracle...but I sure wasn't expecting THIS kind of miracle, haha! It's all too fabulous to take in... thank you SOmuch. It is my very sincere hope that this episode will show people how important it is to support the troops, how much our support means to them, and inspire folks to get involved and DO something! It is also my hope that my story will inspire women who may be in a very difficult time in their life not to give up, and to keep working towards their dreams, no matter what the odds.Thank you again - this is one of the most wonderful things that has ever happened! :)

His email to me:

Kat,
I'm so happy to hear you're excited about the home. So many people put their heart and soul into it for you and your family! Having gone through my own personal journey with home ownership and the lack of I know how inspiring it can be to have a home of your own.
Please don't worry the message will come out loud and clear on supporting our troops and what a difference you make in their lives. It's people like you and your family that raise the bar of the definition of "giving back."
I personally wish you and yours all the best and need to make sure of one thing..... If I ever need a couch to crash on in Georgia is your available? :)

All the best and please contact me with any questions or concerns
Thanks,
Troy :)

Dessert
Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which ones?
Nope!

5 comments:

jenny said...

I can't imagine getting out of bed at 6 and leaving 10 minutes later! I couldn't do that! Funny it's your routine, though! ;-) Your emotions sound so down! ;-( very interesting e-mail exchange.

Anonymous said...

loved your answers!! impressive email.

Kat said...

Jenny: LOL yeah - it's an art form, LOL. I get my shower & all right before I go to bed at night, so in the a.m., all i gotta do is throw on some clothes & brush my hair, & I'm GONE! lol

Mitchypoo said...

Wow, that is so cool about having the show up and available, really neat. Great feast! My first feast is ready to serve, hope you can stop by.

http://mitchypoo777.blogspot.com

JHS said...

I remember Troy. How cool that he responded to you!

How do you get out the door in 10 minutes? Whoa . . . that could never happen for me. 30 minimum.

My feast is served!

Georgia Blogger