Thursday, February 15, 2007

YAY! GOD IS GOOD!

Woohoo! I'm one happy Kat today!

A few months ago, the heat in my car quit working ~ the heater core up & died on me. So yes, I've been driving around all winter with no heat. (Thank God I live in Georgia where it's not been too awfully bad until recently!) Well, remember my surprise birthday party last week? One of the guests presented me with an awesome gift: A local mechanic in town ("My Mechanic Automotive" in Loganville, GA) offered to replace the heater core - FREE! He even gave me an invoice that said, "Good for one free heater core repair on 1997 Ford Taurus." That's a repair worth several hundred dollars (which is why I'd been driving around without heat all winter, haha).

Anyway, this week, a friend of ours loaned me his truck so I could get to & from work, and we took my car to My Mechanic for repairs.

Well.

Not only did they fix the heat (thank you thank you thank you!), they ALSO replaced the water pump (they were AMAZED that it was still functioning and that my car was still running t all, that's how bad it was!), replaced the spark plugs, and changed the oil. By all rights, they could have charged me for everything that was not the free heater core replacement - again, several hundred dollars worth of work.

But.

THEY DIDN'T.

THEY DID ALL THAT WORK FOR ME FOR FREE!

Altogether, it would have cost me $875 (that I didn't have) to get that car fixed correctly.

God is good!

3 comments:

kdzu said...

And he blesses those who give of themselves unselfessly, an hundred fold.

Kat said...

But also, "Of whom much is given, much is required."

I only hope I can live up to the tasks that lay before me... God granted me all this for a REASON... for a PURPOSE... he has a plan for it all somehow... I hope I do not fail him... or anyone who has invested so much in our family's lives....

beadlizard said...

You are such a wonderful role model! I love your positive attitude. --Syl

Georgia Blogger