Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday Weight Watcher's Update

Well, this week wasn't so good, haha, although I did lose SOME weight - slightly less than one pound. I was very surprised I lost ANY weight, considering the smorgasborg of food that was my entire weekend, haha. Between the funeral for my hubby's step-grandad (who I'd only met once in six years) and my supposed-to-be-surprise birthday party, my Weight Watchers "points" flew right out the window, haha. Thankfully, I was good on Monday and mostly good yesterday (until hubby called me and offered to bring me something from Taco Bell and without thinking I said, "Sure! Soft Taco Supreme, please!). *sigh* Oh well. Overall (with the exception of the above!) I've been doing well.

I'm SO glad we are in our own house now! That means that once again I can do my yoga!!! Prior to moving to Loganville 3 1/2 years ago, I did an hour of yoga 4-6 nights a week - I have a whole slew of yoga videos. :) Don't laugh, haha -- Yoga can be remarkably aerobic and literally work every single muscle in your body - seriously. It's positively wonderful and I just love it. Well, when we moved to the icky ole trailer in 2003, there was no place for me to exercise - no room at all for me to practice my yoga (and no place peaceful & quiet enough, either, for that matter!). So it's been 3 1/2 years since I did anything. One of the first things I did last week was get three new yoga dvds: this one and these two. The first one I had a video tape for, but the dvd had some extra features that were useful to me (most notably, a brief, 15-minute routine of very simple poses). The second set of dvds were new to me. Each of those dvds has three, 20-minute yoga exercise routines on it. They can be done individually or as one giant workout. Ha. needless to say - I've stuck with doing the brief, 15 or 20-minute workouts. In a few weeks I'll be able to graduate up to some of my video tapes that have 30 minute workouts, and before too long I'll be back to doing the one-hour routines.

Anyway, I was SOOOOO happy to be able to start back with yoga. I always feel SO good and SO relaxed after a yoga routine... all the stretching seriously makes me feel like I've had a massage - that's how relaxed and good I feel afterwards. :) I sleep better, too, when I do yoga regularly. And, of course, there is the added benefit of the fact that it is an exercise routine, and it WILL help me to lose weight & tone up.

So far, I've lost a total of 8.6 pounds, and "only" (ha) have 51.4 to go.

2 comments:

Maeve said...

You can burn up to 500+ calroies doing yoga.
I love it when my back pops back in to place while doing yoga.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing Yoga now too. A non-traditional yoga, it's called "Yoga Booty Ballet," and I love it...

Georgia Blogger