Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm SO excited!


Last night, I got word of a VERY special Patriot Guard Rider mission that will take place HERE IN LOGANVILLE!!! It seems that there is some kind of documentary film being made about someone/something the local area (I think it has to do with the ROTC at UGA), and they (whoever is doing the documentary) want to interview several PGR members - and their families! - about what PGR membership means to them, etc!!!! This is literally like 15 mintus from my home.... I originally tried to beg off since I'm sick & all...but the GA PGR absolutely wouldn't hear of it, haha! And since I am feeling vastly better and coughing MUCH less, and since I've missed the last few PGR missions due to work or school... I'm totally going to be there... with hubby & kids in tow!!! I'm SO excited... now, hopefully, they won't want ME on camera...ack... BUT I'm gonna be there to show support (and provide coffee and donuts, too). Here's what the mission is about, as snitched from the forum:

We have a very rare and special event this coming Sunday, February 4th in Loganville Ga. (no, they didn’t move the Superbowl to Loganville!) This is an event that you will want to be a part of. A documentary crew has asked to talk with some of our members, and their families. This is a good opportunity to let more people know about the Patriot Guard Riders, so if you can, please plan on attending this event, and if you able bring your spouse and children. This is also going to be a great social event for us. A time for us to gather and just talk as brothers and sisters, a chance for us to get to know each other a bit better. What we do as Patriot Guard Riders, honoring America’s fallen heroes, can be so very emotional. From time to time we need to be able to gather as Patriot Guard Riders for a happy occasion, well this is a happy occasion that I hope you and your family can find time to attend.
Cool! I'm so excited! :)

12 comments:

auntybrat said...

{{{{{{{{{kat}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Sounds like sooooooooooo much fun and I WILL be there in spirit......Take care of YOU...^j^

*swoooooooooosh*

Sarge Charlie said...

I wish i could be there, you see I am a Georgia Boy.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if my last comment made it. I'm excited as well. I hope you'll tell us all what this is about. The suspense is killing me.

Kat said...

CJ -- y'all know exactly as much as I know, lol!!! I just know it's a documetary about some guy who's heavily involved in ROTC at UGA (which is close by here) and somehow or other they wanted to incorporate the PGR into this deal... so, we'll be more than happy to oblige! :-) And that's all I know. It's sure to be a blast tho...they are gonna get some video of us riding down the streets of lill ole Loganville... golly, can our lill ole town handle the Invasion of the PGR?! Woohoo! How cool, I'm extremely excited...this is gonna be FUN!

Dustin said...

OMG KAT!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!!

Soldiers Angels said...

WOW
What an honor!!
Please let me know if we can help with food and water!
Take your orange juice !
Love
Patti

Kat said...

Patti - sodas, water & sandwhiches are already all taken care of. I'm real excited... the PGR is comin to my little home town!!! yippee!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kat, I actually know MORE than you do about what's going on. That doesn't happen very often. I'm usually left clueless.

auntybrat said...

CJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ!


rofl.....

that's all I have to say....

*swooooooooooosh*

Anonymous said...

Why haven't we heard anything yet?! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat.

auntybrat said...

check your emails CJ.....;)

DNR said...

So, Kat… I just read ---> http://www.waltontribune.com/story.lasso?ewcd=6eb25cb4fc04bf90
I am SOOOO happy for you!!! Congratulations!!
((hugs and tears))
Wish I could have been there, won’t miss the show in March.

Georgia Blogger