Friday, November 03, 2006

Yay for my kid!!!!!!!!!!!!


This week (today, in fact), the kids in my son's class were asked to dress up as an important historical figure from the past 100 years or so. They are going to have a parade, and they'll be marching and carrying pictures or books showing how they are dressed up as. Know who my son decided to honor?

Our town's very own fallen hero, Sgt. Mike Stokely.

*sniffle, sniffle*

So today, he went to school wearing camo pants & shirt, and a special memorial dogtag that Mike's father had made last year.. he'd had about 200 made, sent a bunch over to Mike's unit in Iraq, gave some out to others... we were blessed to be able to receive one (I wear it nearly every day). Squirt (my son) carried a picture of Mike to school with him -- a picture that was taken in Iraq about a week before he died (the one below):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a couple more pics of Jacob:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a closeup of the special memorial dogtag Robert Stokely gave to me, that I loaned to Jacob for the day. Yes, I actually got it back safe and sound (whew!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger