Saturday, August 19, 2006

~Happy Blogiversary to Me!~

Yep, that's right - TOMORROW, August 20, 2006, is my one-year Blogaversary!!!!!!!! Whooohooo! And what a year it's been for sure - highs, lows, and everything in between. :) Golly, I think over the course of this past year, I've even gained five, maybe even as many as six, loyal readers!!!!!!!!!!

You can click here to read my very first, very brief, very uninspiring post.

Now, you can click HERE to read the post that is the REAL reason I started this blog - my second post. I started this blog to help get the word out about American Soldier's new book, which was at the time due to be published in December '05. I guess that makes the world-famous American Soldier my "blogfather," huh? TOO FLIPPIN' COOL! haha! :) Anyway, he's in the process again of working on finding a way to get his book published, and has even mentioned a possible second book. A.S. totally ROCKS - so make sure you check his blog out and leave some comments of support.

Truthfully, I did not expect to blog much about anything, since I figured I generally have nothing to say. But then THIS happened. Sgt. Mike Stokely (then Spc. - posthumosly promoted to Sgt. later) from my hometown was killed in action in Yusufiyah, Iraq, south of Baghdad. I've written about him many, many times - probably more than I've written about any other subject, I'm sure.

Anyway, I have recounted the adventures of this past 12 months in a recent, somewhat bittersweet, post entitled, "It's August." If you didn't read it, check it out -- it provides a good summation of the journey this whole blogging experience has taken me on. As I wrote it, I remember thinking, "This would be a good one to save for my first blogaversary!" but I had to write it and publish it when I did - I needed to get those feelings out & on paper - er, on screen - you know?

I have made many friends through this blog who I just love dearly. LL, ~K (though her blog seems to have disappeared????), "SK," my local friend Chtrbx, JP, Jack, Thunder Run, CJ (though I knew him from Adopt-a-Platoon for a LONG time before ever blogging!), and, of course, the Stokely Family, to name a few... there are so many wonderful people I've met as a result of this blog, both directly and indirectly, I couldn't possibly list them all!

Thanks to each and every one of you for a MOST memorable year -- you are all a blessing to me and my family! :-) There have been PLENTY of times when I COULD NOT HAVE MADE IT if it weren't for my friends! Here's looking forward to another year of blogging adventures!!!!


Kat

PS -- CHRISTMAS CARD COLLECTION FOR TROOPS SCHEDULED TO BEGIN OCTOBER 1, 2006 --- ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR IT YET???? ;-) I am! When I was filling out my self-evaluation for my firms annual evaluations process (which just happened to coincide with my 90-day employment anniversary), one of the questions asked about what kind of "community service" have you been involved with thru the firm? Of course, nothing, yet, hadn't been there long enough....but I helpfully offered to lead/participate in a holiday card drive for troops overseas, hehehe! :-) My meeting with the HR people is scheduled for Monday morning at 9:00 -- I'm SO praying that they will let me do some sort of card drive or something for the troops!!!! Our office has a couple HUNDRED attorneys, and a couple HUNDRED staff people such as me, so it could be HUGE if they let me set up a box to collect cards! :) So keep your fingers crossed and say a BIG prayer for me that they say yes!!!!! (oh, and a raise would be good too, hehe!)

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger