Monday, July 24, 2006

Love lives on........

More brat ramblings and a direct response to Kat's thoughts on Living Legend team at Soldiers Angels....

As Kat knows, today I applied to join the Living Legend teams at Soldiers Angels. After a few emails back and forth it seems I am accepted to join this special group. As Kat posted at SA, now she and me can be synchros flying Angels on THAT team too. I have always been aware of the Living Legends team, but have not applied until now, not wanting to commit to such a team and maybe fall down in my commitment. I have been an active member of a number of teams at SA, but this one - this one I know needs a special touch. Or as I prefer to see it 'special help'. Kat's blog talks about her heart going on to the page of every letter she writes to those left behind when a hero falls. As she does, whenever I write anything, or talk to any soldier within SA, I always ask for help. I am very aware that my words are usually inadequate, so I turn the mission over to my God. I am not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a very personal relation with my God. For over two years I have written an online column, sharing my take on the world, as I am led on my spiritual journey. Along that path I have been sent many people who are in grief, suffering losses the like of which most of us can only imagine in our darkest nightmares. Most times I may never have encountered these grieving souls before, but it always seems to happen (no coincidences!) that they cross my path when their soul and heart is in their darkest hour. I hold hands across the miles, and I listen. Always listen. Sometimes I only touch their lives once; other times it may be many months that I am privy to their innermost agonies. And I am always, always humbled. Do I preach? Never....Do I open my heart? Always....Do I take credit for anything that passes between us? Never...I always find an opportunity - love how that happens :) - to remark that whatever I give, or offer, is not about me, not even FROM me. Every single column I have written on this journey I am blessed with, has been given to me. I never know from one day to the next, WHAT I will write. The words just come. So it is when I meet grief. I ask for help, to know when to speak, when to be silent.

I am infamous as a brat with many sayings. Two that come to mind right now: "I am but an instrument". And I truly believe we are ALL instruments, if we choose to accept the mission. We are all on this journey togather. We may 'meet' for two minutes, it may be a longer sojourn. We cannot know. The other saying I have? "Love never dies." I totally know this, and this is why I am honoured to be accepted into the Living Legends team. I totally KNOW that love lives on, long after any of us have shed our human wrapping. This knowing I have - I know is very small comfort to people immersed, drowning, in grief. I am so aware that every person's grief is unique to them, even as many writers have established a 'stages of grief' if you will....

So today, I was led to apply to the Living Legends team. Today, it seems, I am accepted into this special forum, with yet another opportunity to acknowledge others' painful sacrifices along this journey called human life. To me, it is no coincidence that this team is called LIVING legends. I know that evey soldier, every one of these beloved heroes, WILL live on in the love they have shared on this earth. And, as always I am honoured, and humbled to play some small part in acknowledging their love, which never dies....

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger