Monday, November 28, 2005

Christmas Wish from a Child

OK, so today I get home and there are the 600+ cards from Vicki G. just waiting to be dived into and packed into boxes for my Dear Deployed Heroes!!! Yay, Vicki, THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!! I'm not even CLOSE to halfway thru reading them and sorting them, but have been brought to tears MANY times. I had to share this one particular letter written by a child (I believe middle-school age)... TISSUE ALERT!

Dear Soldier:

I know it's hard to be out at war, and I was hoping you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. It means a lot to me that you are out fightingfor our Country and I just wanted to say thank you very much. You mean a lot to me. I really appreciate all your hard word. I know that many Soldiers have already died and I pray to god that no one else does, especially you. I also pray that you come home to see your family and friends. May God bless your heart. Sincerely, Lizzy [I think i'm reading her writing correctly!]

Wow. This is a kid totally after my own heart...I couldn't resist... underneath her letter, I wrote, "P.S. ~ I couldn't have said this better myself...DITTO to all of the above. Love, "Momma Kat."

Thanks for all your help, Vicki!!!!

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger