Wednesday, September 14, 2005

And so it begins....


Well, here we go, off and running for real. Or, a more apt analogy would be, "The roller coaster has reached the top of the first hill, and away we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!"

Tomorrow night is my first Literature test, and it's gonna be a doozy. The test will consist of three parts ~ text identification/analysis, terms/definitions, and an essay question.

The first part is where the teacher takes part of a passage from a work we've studied, and we have to 1) identify the author and the title, and 2) discuss the significance of this particular passage. It could be any passage from any part of several different texts... I'll have to be able to read something and know ~ "Is that from "Drinking Along By Moonlight" by Li Po or is that "My Thatched Roof" by Tu Fu?" (BTW ~ if you get the title wrong or author mis-spelled, it's points off!). Then I have to decide what's so important and/or nifty about these passages. There will be nine of them.

Next there will be ten definitions or terms, which can include identifying characters, etc. AGain, needing pretty detailed information ~ and none of it is multiple choice. blah. LOL The essay question, thankfully, will be a take-home thing, thank God. :)

But, that's just one test, one night, not too terribly much of a big deal. But now the hard work of the semester begins ~ Last night, I checked out several books from the library as possible subjects for my research paper. I'm going to read them (none of them are short!!) and pick one (or maybe not) to do my research paper on. Then I'll have to re-read the thing SEVERAL times as I try to decide what I'm going to be writing about. Not to mention reading various critics and essays of/about whatever literary masterpiece i decide to research... in otherwords, extremely time-consuming stuff.

All this in addition to the regular reading (of which there is a HECK of a lot of intense reading coming up... we'll be reading several hundred pages in just a couple weeks for class) and assignments and tests (surely my Env. Science class will have a test at some point, LOL). So... back to the swing of no sleep. At all, ever. LOL! I'm officially back to leaving the house by 7 or 7:15 A.M. each day, and not getting home till 10:30 or 11:00 P.M. since I'll be at the campus library studying every single night after work....COFFEE...NOW... PLEASE....

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger