Saturday, September 17, 2005

Although you dont know me....


This poem is by Linda Ellis (whoever she is, LOL, don't know her). This is dedicated to all our military out there. This is a poem I ALWAYS send to my adopted soldiers, because it sums up my feelings perfectly!

Although you don't know me, every day, I think of you. I worry about your safety and I pray for you, too. Although you don't know me, and my face you've never seen, I picture you on a carrier...or flying in an F-15. Although you don't know me, please know that I care. Though strangers, we are family in the beliefs that we share. Although you don't know me, I know the work that you're doing, and the pride in our country that you are renewing. Although you don't know me, you have my utmost respect for it's the future of our children you are there to protect. Although you don't know me, and we've never met, the gift that you're giving is one I'll never forget.

Although you don't know me, many tears I have cried as I try to imagine what you're feeling inside. Although you don't know me, while you're there and I'm here, I'll ask God to watch over each brave volunteer. Although you don't know me, my heart beats with hesitation, when I hear you're being deployed to an "undisclosed location." Although you don't know me, I know the fears you must hide for a soldier in a uniform is bravery, exemplified. Although you don't know me, please know by this poem that I'll pray for you faithfully until your safe return home. Although you don't know me, you make me one proud civilian, but you need to know today that I'm only one...in a MILLION!

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger