Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A couple neat poems!

Here are a couple poems we studied tonight in Ancient World Literature by a peot named Wang Wei (699-791 b.c.). I really liked them, and thought I'd share them. :) Actually, I did post these on another blog as a comment to a post, LOL, and then thought, "wow, I really like these poems... think I'll post 'em on my blog!" LOL would luv to hear y'all's thoughts & interpretations of these critters! (all three or four of you, LOL!!! Gotta get more readers somehow, LOL!!!) Not that i have anything particularly interesting to say, LOL!!!!

“Lodge in the Bamboo”

I sit alone in bamboo that hides me
plucking the harp and whistling long
It is deep in the woods and no one knows ~
the bright moon comes to shine on me.
and then,

“Villa on Chung-nan Mountain”

In my middle years I came to love The Way
and made my homelate by South Mountain’s edge.

When the mood came upon me, I went off alone,
and had moments of splendor all to myself.

I would walk to the point where the stream ends,
and sitting, would watch when the clouds rise.
By chance I would meet
old men in the woods;
We would laugh and chat, no fixed time to return home.

==================
Both these poems speak of solitude, reflection, and peace, which is why i really liked 'em! :) Speaking of literature… got lotsa homework tonight, so i gotta run!

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger