Thursday, November 29, 2007

VOTE FOR ME! :)

My friend, Sparrow, has a weekly contest over on her blog. The deal is, she gives us a topic each Wednesday, and we submit haiku poetry about whatever her topic is. I wrote my first haiku EVER about a month or two ago...and so far have not won or even come close. The prize each week? A DELUXE CAREPACKAGE SHIPPED TO THE DEPLOYED SERVICEPERSON OF OUR CHOICE!!! Wooohoo! :) Momma Kat has a lot of 'babies' [a/k/a, adopted troops] deployed to the Sandbox... please help me win a care package for one of them!!!

CLICK HERE and vote for my Haiku... please? :)

And just FYI...the haiku I wrote (of the 3 submitted) that made it to the top ten finalists was:

TAPS echoes thru the air
The folded Flag is clutched tight…
America mourns.

Voting is open till 9 a.m. Friday, Nov. 30, EST.

If you don't like mine, or like another better, no worries - vote for whichever one you like best... the winner gets a care package to the soldier of their choice, so it's all good. :)

4 comments:

Maeve said...

Done! :)

Anonymous said...

You are kicking butt, girl!

Kat said...

LOL! I won't vote for myself, but I'm not above shameless blegging! :) Anything for my soldier-babies!

Dustin said...

I Voted for you!!Hope you win!!

Georgia Blogger