Sunday, September 30, 2007

"THOSE PEOPLE"?!

I foound this masterpiece on a local pastor's blog (our pastor actually read this in church today), and it absolutely needed to be shared! Too many who claim to be Christians live in a bubble and won't have anything to do with those outside the church..."those people"! That is wrong and ought not be!!!!! Read on....


I was involved in a conversation recently where a person who has grown up in church andclaims to have been a Christian most of their life made an interesting statement. The conversation was moving in the direction of how Christ-followers are responsible for building relationships with people who don’t follow Christ. Then came the statement that is still ringing in my ears, “I just don’t cross paths with ‘those people’ in my circle of friends.”

I just about came unglued! I felt like Bobby Cox probably feels when he comes out of the dugout after an umpire clearly misses a call on the field. It was all I could do to keep my composure, but because I am a good pastor and want to stay in the good graces of the people in this community, and largely because I don’t want to go to jail, I kept my composure and have waited until now to fully address the comment. To that person who doesn’t cross paths with “those people”:

READ THE REST BY CLICKING HERE!

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger