Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Scary Night in Georgia...

ok now that it's over, I'm starting to really get freaked - even more than when it was happening! I was in my office, and Bear was in another room with the kids (kids not wanting to do chores, hubby doing the Parental Enforcement thing, lol). well, somewhere in all the commotion - some meth-head or extremely drunk guy WALKED IN OUR HOUSE! Just came right thru the back door, which our darling children had left unlocked! I wasn't even aware of him at first, till hubby came in and asked if I'd let someone in! Apparently, drunk intruder guy walked into the bathroom and with teh door wide open, dropped his pants! Thank God he put his shorts back on at least... He then wandered around the house, crying for some girl and rambling on about God knows what. The youngest kid was asleep and slept thru the whole thing. Kathryn was awake but in her top bunk in her room and thankfully STAYED THERE. We sent the older kids OUT OF THE HOUSE to the neighbor's. I stayed in my office on the cell phone talking to the 911 dispatcher, while hubby talked to the guy and tried to calm him down. He kept the guy occupied until the police came (and I kept the 911 dispatcher occupied with, "ARe they almost here yet? This guy is really scaring me! Are they hear yet? Our door is unlocked (obviously) so they don't even have to knock, just come in!") lol The cops came and arrested him without incident, thank God. Thank God ten billion times over that this freak was NOT ARMED in any way... had he walked in with a gun or a knife, it could have been very easily a bloodbath. (and thankfully - all the knives in our house were in a drawer right by my office - I was ready to grab one if need be... thankfully, I didn't need!). Now that it's over i'm so freaked out... if he'd had a gun.... 'scuse me while i have a nervous breakdown (Or at least a few strong shots of SOMETHING, lol).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Kat!! Glad you are ok...that had to be so heartpounding scary!!....Sat. we had an intruder at the shop I work at. Evidently he didn't read the sign posting our hours right on the door he broke through. He only gave himself 15 minutes to try and steal away with something! I can tell you more about that later...just glad to know you are all safe and I know you will be double locking the doors now! Your hubby kept a pretty cool head trying to talk the guy calm...

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving to God for keeping you and your family safe.

Sarge Charlie said...

Scary night in Georgia, indeed, stay safe, the troops need you........

Anonymous said...

Kat, hope you are doin' ok tonight...

Anonymous said...

DAYUM!

DNR said...

OMG!!! I'm so glad you guys are OK. I would have freaked... Your husband is to be commended for staying calm.

Counting down to DC!!! C U There!!!

Walrilla said...

Oh, my God! I'm glad y'all are safe! How scary. I've tried to instill some sense of responsibility in my children to always lock the doors, but stuff happens. That's enough to scare ya out of ten years growth!

Anonymous said...

Glad you all are OK!!

Georgia Blogger