Sunday, March 18, 2007

Honoring another Hero

A few days ago, I posted about a 19-year-old Atlanta Soldier, Spc. Jonathan K. Smith, who died in Iraq. I just received word moments ago that the Patriot Guard Riders have been invited to attend both the viewing tonight and the funeral tomorrow. I will be unable to attend the funeral tomorrow, of course, due to having to work, but I will be at the viewing tonight with my second family - the Patriot Guard Riders. I am glad that I am able to attend at least part of the services for this dear Hero.. broke my heart to read of his death, and I need to be there to honor him.... Please keep his family in your prayers.

DoD Identifies Army Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Spc. Jonathan K. Smith, 19, of Atlanta, died Mar. 11 in Baghdad, Iraq, of a non-combat related incident, which is under investigation. Smith was assigned to the 115th Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas.

1 comments:

Dustin said...

My prayers and thoughts are with the family. I wish I could be there.

Georgia Blogger