Saturday, December 16, 2006

Another Must-Read

OK, y'all wander on over to "What...?!" and check out the latest post from DNR about the Patriot Guard Riders. He writes about what prompted him to join the PGR in the first place, and what it means to be a part of it. Of course, he hits the nail on the head - it's beautifully written and very true.

Here's an excerpt:

I rode Thursday with the Patriot Guard Riders to my 21st funeral since March 19th, 2006. I was prompted in March by services for SSGNT Ricky Jones (also here) in Kokomo Indiana. I remember watching the news and seeing people there protesting… “protesting what”, I thought. “the war? OK guess they have that right.” Then I heard something about the protesters believing the family was at fault and that the solder and my country deserved it. “Hey, wait just a fu@#ing minute, how can the family be at fault?” I like to think I am open minded and give a great latitude when accepting someone else’s beliefs or opinions. I also believe that our right to freedom of speech is one of our most cherished. BUT, I also believe in the honor and respect deserved by the family of a fallen solder. The longer this goes, the more I believe this......
READ THE REST HERE.


1 comments:

DNR said...

“…beautifully written.” I would not have said that. But, since you did – Thank you, I am very glad it speaks to you.

Georgia Blogger