Saturday, June 10, 2006

Operation Thanks for Freedom Update

Got more cards in the mail today! So far, the total of all cards and emails that have been sent in for Operation: Thanks for Freedom! is 309! That's not including the 200 Janis in MS has (Yay, Janis! Love ya!). So, we are almost half-way to the goal of 1,000 cards/emails to be distributed to soldiers & Marines serving in Iraq! :) Whoohoo!

Someone else also donated oodles of personal grooming items, such as soaps, shampoo, disposable razors, socks, combs, and the like. Yay!

We've got two weeks to go, folks! Get those cards & emails in... Everything will be shipped on Saturday, June 24. Next Saturday, the 17th, I will have a table set up at a local "Welcome Home, 48th BCT!" parade that is taking place near us. Hopefully, I'll get lots of cards then... Say a few dozen prayers for me! :) (I'm also going to meet one of my adopted 48th soldiers that day for the first time.... that will be awesome... I'm gonna cry everywhere, I just know it!)

Thanks everyone for all your hard work & help! Keep 'em coming!

Cards or other care package items may be sent to:

Mrs. Kathy Orr
OPERATION: THANKS FOR FREEDOM!
740 Thompson Lane
Loganville, GA 30052

Emails of support & encouragement for the troops may be sent to: Thanks_4_Freedom@yahoo.com. These emails will be printed out and mailed to Iraq, along with the cards I receive.

God bless!

Kat

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger