Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Vote for me! ;-)

Hey, y'all... I'm happy to announce that "Yikes!" was nominated as one of the Best Support Blogs by Save the Soldiers. Voting runs from May 1 (yesterday) to May 5 (Friday). So far, I'm comin' in second, behind "Some Soldier's Mom." (Of course, I voted for her blog, haha ~ I didn't help myself much, did I?! haha!). So, to all five or six of you faithful readers, I would implore, beg and plead, with you to please go HERE and vote for Yikes! for best support blog. :)

Thanks!

Now, I'm reposting yesterday's message ~ must get LOTS of emails for our family's Returning Hero! See below!

OK, y'all - I need your help! :) I can't believe I didn't think of this SOONER!!!!!:As y'all know, our family has an adopted Georgia National Guard soldier coming home EXTREMELY SOON (can't post exact dates, because of OPSEC - operational security - rules). As you may know, our National Guard soldiers saw A LOT of HEAVY combat while they were there...it's been a long, hard year for them. ANYWAY - I was planning on mailing out a welcome home card to his "real" address once I knew they were home, but someone I know gave me a great idea! And I don't know WHY I didn't think of it sooner!What I would like to do is collect a WHOLE BUNCH of "Welcome Home" emails, to send along with our family's welcome home card. *mumbles to self: "why didn't I think of this sooner?!"* The idea is, when he gets home, instead of having "only" a stack of bills waiting for him (and how depressing would that be, haha!), to have a nice big fat envelope FULL of Welcome Home, Thank You, We're Proud of You type messages. How cool would that be?! And why didn't I think of that sooner?! argh!

Can ya help a Kat out here??? :) I would be ETERNALLY in y'all's debt forever and greatly appreciate it!!!!!Please email all Welcome Home messages to me at JEFFSKAT@GMAIL.COM. Just put "Welcome Home" or something similar in the subject line.

VERY IMPORTANT: I MUST HAVE ALL MESSAGES RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2006!!! I plan on mailing them out on Saturday, May 6.thanks, y'all!!!! Please help me get the word out as best you can... I would greatly appreciate it! Let's overwhelm our soldier with Welcome Home messages!

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger