Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Badly Wounded Hero Needs Prayer

A friend of mine over at Adopt-a-Platoon made me aware of this 19-year-old hero who is badly in need of our prayers. Read more below and please visit his website.

19-year-old Soldier, Devon, was burned over 98% of his body had to have
both legs amputated about 3 inches above the knee. He also has a broken back.
Last week he found out he has no legs and is taking this very hard. His hand
also had to be amputated last week. His skin grafts are taking between 50 to
75%. I honestly believe once he found out he lost his legs he has given up. He
now has an infection in the muscle tissues and pneumonia. He was put on a
ventilator yesterday because his breathing has become erratic. He also found out
the other soldiers in the vehicle did not survive. He is having nightmares he is
still on fire. I really ask that everyone stops and asks for intervention for
Devon. His family are asking for prayer warriors to start prayer circles for
Devon. Please Pray for Devon. If you want to learn more about him you can at a
site made to keep everyone posted about his progress.

http://www.deielectric.com/DevonGibbonsUpdate.htm



And, of course, don't forget about Greg and his family..keep them in prayer, too.

Also, only 2 1/2 more days of "Operation: Welcome Home Hero!" ~ read the info below and please send a welcome home message in!

OK, y'all - I need your help! :) I can't believe I didn't think of this SOONER!!!!!:As y'all know, our family has an adopted Georgia National Guard soldier coming home EXTREMELY SOON (can't post exact dates, because of OPSEC - operational security - rules). As you may know, our National Guard soldiers saw A LOT of HEAVY combat while they were there...it's been a long, hard year for them. ANYWAY - I was planning on mailing out a welcome home card to his "real" address once I knew they were home, but someone I know gave me a great idea! And I don't know WHY I didn't think of it sooner!What I would like to do is collect a WHOLE BUNCH of "Welcome Home" emails, to send along with our family's welcome home card. *mumbles to self: "why didn't I think of this sooner?!"* The idea is, when he gets home, instead of having "only" a stack of bills waiting for him (and how depressing would that be, haha!), to have a nice big fat envelope FULL of Welcome Home, Thank You, We're Proud of You type messages. How cool would that be?! And why didn't I think of that sooner?! argh!

Can ya help a Kat out here??? :) I would be ETERNALLY in y'all's debt forever and greatly appreciate it!!!!!Please email all Welcome Home messages to me at JEFFSKAT@GMAIL.COM. Just put "Welcome Home" or something similar in the subject line.

VERY IMPORTANT: I MUST HAVE ALL MESSAGES RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2006!!! I plan on mailing them out on Saturday, May 6.thanks, y'all!!!! Please help me get the word out as best you can... I would greatly appreciate it! Let's overwhelm our soldier with Welcome Home messages!

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger