Monday, December 19, 2005

Tribute to Sgt. Mike Stokely

Go HERE to the Mudville Gazette and read this beautiful tribute to Sgt. Michael Stokely, written by his Father, Robert Stokely.

As many of you know, Mike grew up in Loganville, GA, where I live, and graduated from Loganville High School (where our church currently meets while we are working on our new building and buying land & stuff).

Recently, I had the honor of visiting Mike's grave and paying my respects; I wrote about it here. I plan to go there again soon....

Please, everyone, this Christmas season... Remember in prayer the families of our dear heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country!

I am reminded of the words that Jesus spoke the night before His crucifixion: "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Thank you again, Mike, for your sacrifice and your service to our country. We will always be indebted to you and will never, ever, ever forget what you gave for us!!! And thank you, too, dear Stokely family, for raising such a fine son. You are all in our prayers.

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger