Monday, November 21, 2005

Christmas in Iraq ~ RE-POST

This is a repost from a couple weeks ago. I'm now in my last week of card collecting ~ everything will be mailed out on 11/28, which is next monday.

Thanks all for your help and participation... it means the WORLD to these guys/gals!


This Sunday, our church is starting our Christmas card collection campaign for my dear adopted heroes. The cards are going to be split between two units who have sustained HEAVY casualties. One of the units who will be receiving cards from us is Danjel Blout's unit (see "365 and a Wakeup" if you haven't been there lately ~ please stop by there and pay your respects to some more dear fallen heros!). The other is the 3rd ACR... I've sort of semi-adopted the Chaplain "over there" and send him about five or six hand-made cards a week to give out. I know that's not much, but it's all I'm able to do on a regular basis. I'd also like to send a bunch to my own local adopted Dear Hero for him to hand out to his buddies serving wtih him in Georgia's 48th BCT!!!! In other words... I NEED LOTS OF CARDS AND EMAILS!

This is where all five of my loyal readers come in. I need to get as many holiday greetings as possible ~ there are hundred & hundreds of Soldiers in these units. I know there is no way I'll be able to get cards & emails for all of them, BUT the more, the better! To quote Uncle Sam, "I NEED YOU!" to pretty please send me an email with a Christmas greeting (or generic "holiday" or "thank you" greeting, if you don't do christmas!) for me to send to my dear adopted Heroes!!! I also need you to please tell all your friends about my lill project here, so that THEY can send me emails, too!

If you'd like to send a Christmas greeting to some of our dear heros, please email me at Jeffskat@gmail.com. Please put something like HOLIDAY GREETINGS or something along those lines in the subject line so I know what it's for ~ I'll include your email greetings in the packages of cards I send out. I need as many holiday greetings as I can possibly gather, as the need is very great!!!!!!! In addition to whatever I collect from church and from y'all, our family is going to be making/signing several dozen, too. For the 4th of July, I was able to send exactly 100 cards to the 3d ACR ~ for Christmas, I'd like to way out-do that!!!!

Being away from home at Christmas is really the pits. Being away from home at Christmas in a place where people are trying to kill you is even worse. Being away from home at Christmas in a place where people are trying to kill you, and feeling like those back home have forgotten you is nothing short of sheer hell.

Please... help bring HOME to these dear Warriors this holiday!

PS ~ I PLAN ON MAILING OUT MY CARDS ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28! SO PLEASE , ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO ARE PARTICIPATING,PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAIL GREETINGS TO ME OVER THE NEXT WEEK! THANK YOU!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheap 37 5 phentermine buy phentermine imprint e5000 - buy phentermine online ottawa

Georgia Blogger