Tuesday, October 18, 2005

TO OUR SOLDIERS ~ THANK YOU

Every morning, I listen to (among other things) one of my favorite country music stations. The morning DJ, Moby, has a daily feature called, "Small Town Soapbox," during which he reads something inspirational or humorous. Moby, God bless him, is a true patriot and a wonderful American. Today's Small Town Soapbox brought tears to my eyes. What he read this morning sums up my feelings of gratitude for our military so dang perfectly, it's eerie. I could have written this word-for-word (but didn't) ~ it is SO exaclty how I feel. So, I post this edition of "Small Town Soapbox" today in honor of our Soldiers. THANKS, y'all, for all you do. We are proud of all of you!!!!

If, by some small chance, any of my own dear adopted Heroes should happen to read this ~ this one's for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There can be no way to describe the feeling I get when I see the news. I see so many of you fighting for something that so many of us take for granted.

So many people are depending on you for help. I think about all the dangers you face every minute of every day, for so many of us who are here at home.

There is no way to describe the pride I feel when I see an American Soldier fighting for what he believes in. There is an amount of gratefulness that will never be able to be conveyed. When I see the places you have put yourself, my heart aches for you and your family.

There will never be enough prayers said on your behalf. Prayers are said constantly in our home for all of you. Prayers for Courage, that you may always be ready to do what you must. Prayers for strength, so that when yours may be slipping, God will give you more than enough.

Prayers for Guidance, that you may never loose sight of where you need to be. And mostly Prayers for Safety, that you may be kept safe until you can return home to be with us again. I pray for comfort, so that even when you are alone, you will know that you are never truly alone.

I pray that God will keep His loving arms around you always, my soldier, so that you may know that what you are doing is the right thing. I pray that you will never doubt that you are loved and thought of often, and that you know what you are doing is not in vain. You are in my heart and always on my mind. Please know that someone cares, and that God will never leave your side.

0 comments:

Georgia Blogger